How it Works
Bio-Sul: How it Works
Class 1 Compost Blends with Elemental Sulphur
When food scraps are transformed into highly active (and highly beneficial) Class 1 compost, and then blended in with elemental sulphur: we’ve got something great!
Bio-Sul products consist of elemental sulphur (in a variety of particle sizes) blended with nutrient-rich, Class 1 compost and soil microbes. Upon broadcast (spin spreader) application, the ingredients work together to facilitate season-long breakdown of elemental sulphur in the soil for a more conservative uptake of sulphate (bioavailability) for years to come.
A truly Compelling Green for Life Sustainability Story.
Bio-Sul is a next-generation sustainable-nutrient source—and a product of GFL Environmental research and development.
- Based on the science of transforming food scraps into Class 1 compost
- Blended with elemental sulphur, becomes an innovative crop nutrient product
- Enhances crop performance and long-term soil/environmental sustainability
Specs & Safety
Elemental sulphur (70%) blended with Class 1 compost (30%) utilizing a wide range of particle sizes for crop availability now and in the future.
Immediate product benefits include:
- Flexible application timing
- Increased bioavailability and seed safety
- Removal of bulky fertilizer from seeding
- Reduced leaching (slower, more useable conversion to sulphate)